High School Internships
This internship is a formal, comprehensive program designed for selected candidates to gain valuable experience in their field of interest with Easton Utilities. Each selected participant will receive daily responsibilities.
During their time with Easton Utilities, interns will work alongside coworkers to acquire the skills necessary to perform daily departmental tasks related to their CTE or vocational program. To culminate the internship, each participant will present their final project to their department and supervising staff. Candidates must possess time management skills; including the necessity to establish a project timeline, a feasible project scope, and the ability to conduct a professional presentation at the end of the program.
- Must be entering their Junior or Senior year of a Talbot County High School, or recent graduate
- CTE curriculum must closely relate to one of Easton Utilities’ departments or divisions
- Minimum GPA of 2.80
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- The ability to work and thrive within a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a minimum of six (6) to eight (8) hours per week
- Schedule changes must be provided to supervisor at least two (2) weeks in advance
- All offers are contingent on a pre-employment drug test
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Resources
- Wastewater Treatment Facility Lab
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance
- IT Professional Services
- Submit an application. Upload a cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation with your application.
- Interviews will be conducted with Easton Utilities’ Human Resources department and the corresponding department manager.
- Selected students will begin their internship with an orientation on their start date.
- Maximum of six (6) interns will be selected for the semester term, with a limit of one (1) intern per department or division.
- At the conclusion of the semester term, all interns will be required to participate in an exit interview with Easton Utilities’ Human Resources department.
For details on the Talbot County Public School CTE program, click here.