Easton Utilities welcomes five interns to participate in the summer-long paid internship program, which is a formal, comprehensive experience consisting of tours, learning workshops, projects, and presentations. “Our goal is to offer a robust, hands-on learning experience in a professional setting for numerous fields of study,” says Vicki Petro, Vice President of Human Resources for Easton Utilities.
The most recent group of interns from L to R includes:
• Nate Moore, majoring in Computer Science on the software engineer track at Towson University.
• Sammy Carter, majoring in both Business Administration and International Studies at Rhodes College.
• Myia Jeter, majoring in Business Administration with a minor in Marketing at Marymount University.
• Parker Friedli, majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in both Engineering Management and Digital Fabrication at Vanderbilt University.
• Colin Ward, majoring in Computer Science with a minor in both Mathematics and Entrepreneurship at Wake Forest University. (Not pictured)
While simultaneously participating in the thorough orientation to Easton Utilities to learn about the services, infrastructure, and demands of each department, the interns are fully submerged in their respective departments for a true hands-on experience. In the first few weeks, each intern will work alongside their supervisor on a specific project designed to benefit both the company and the intern’s overall experience. At the conclusion of the program, each intern will present their specific project.
The internship program, led by HR Generalist Julie Andrew, has helped many students secure full-time positions with both Easton Utilities and elsewhere upon graduating. “Giving the interns the experience needed to build their resumes is invaluable and has led to numerous local job placements, including several at Easton Utilities,” says Andrew.
Anyone entering their junior or senior year of college looking for a rewarding experience can learn more about the internship program and apply at eastonutilities.com.