Summer College Internships
The summer college internship program runs from late-May to mid-August and provides selected candidates an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in their field of study while employed within one of Easton Utilities’ departments or divisions. All applicants are required to submit a resume with their applications, and are encouraged to include cover letters, portfolios, and/or letters of recommendation. The deadline to submit an application is March 31, 2023.
During their summer term, interns will work alongside coworkers to acquire the skills necessary to perform daily departmental tasks related to their degree or trade program. In conjunction with their daily responsibilities, they will attend a series of Lunch & Learns with facility tours to gain insight into the various departments and their operations. Interns will also participate in shadowing days with a designated staff member in their respective departments. Additionally, interns will be required to assist with processing fiscal yearend inventory on the date established on the program schedule. Finally, they will be required to collaborate with their department manager to select a summer project worked through from start to finish. This project will require strict time management including the necessity to establish a project timeline, a feasible project scope, and the ability to present a point paper and finished product at the end of the summer term. Presentations will be conducted in the presence of staff and management.
- Must be enrolled in a trade school or entering their Junior or Senior year of an accredited college or university
- Field of study must relate to one of Easton Utilities’ departments or divisions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- The ability to work and thrive within a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a minimum of 24 hours, up to 40 hours per week
- Availability schedules must be established and provided to HR prior to program start date
- All offers are contingent on a pre-employment drug test and background check
Interviews will be held during the month of April 2023 with Easton Utilities’ HR department and the corresponding department supervisor and manager. A maximum of six (6) interns will be selected for the summer term, with a limit of one (1) intern per department or division. At the conclusion of the summer term, all interns will be required to participate in an exit interview with Easton Utilities’ HR department.
REWARDING AND INVALUABLE EXPERIENCE
Easton Utilities has played a considerable role in preparing interns for post graduate work and potential career opportunities. Between the program’s effort to enhance the skillsets of young professionals, and its ability to provide real life applications, it has proven to be an extremely valuable and rewarding experience for selected candidates.